Thursday, October 23, 2008

Money!


I honestly and sincerely hate money. And the worse part is that there is literally no way to exist without it! Needing money means we all have to work EVERY SINGLE DAY! No matter what else we could be doing... And I hate it! I mean, don't get me wrong, I love my job. I feel so blessed for all that I have, the people I work with and of course, for all of the money it puts into my pocket. But that's the whole problem...if it wasn't for the money I wouldn't do it.


Here's what really makes me mad though: When a person works a full time schedule, makes enough money to pay the bills, and support his family with some to spare - and he STILL wants more! In my opinion, quality time is the most important thing in the world, not money! The bible warns to not let money become the god you serve. (“No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money."—Matthew 6:24) Here's what I don't understand: if you have everything you need, where does the desire for more come from? Greed? Wanting more material objects? Just plain being scared of not having enough someday?
The silly thing is, you make a ton of money, so that you can buy nice things and go to fun places, but you're never able use that money because YOU'RE ALWAYS WORKING!


Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”
Hebrews 13:5

No comments: